1) A process known as _ is used by large retailers to study trends.
a) data mining.
b) data selection.
d) data conversion.
2) Which of the following is NOT one of the four major data processing functions of a computer?
a) gathering data.
b) processing data into information.
c) analyzing the data or information.
d) storing the data or information.
3) _ is data that has been organized or presented in a meaningful fashion.
a) A process.
4) The name for the way that computers manipulate data into information is called.
5) Computers gather data, which means that they allow users to _ data.
6) Computers manipulate data in many ways, and this manipulation is called _
7) The first step in the transaction processing cycle is _
a) database operations.
c) data entry.
d) user inquiry.
8) The way of manipulating data into information is called _
9) What does BIOS stand for?
a) Better Integrated Operating System.
b) Basic Input Output System.
c) Basic draw back system.
d) Backup Input Output System.
10) A digital device that processes data is known as _
a) Data Processor.
b) Data Entry.