1) If a³ – input NOR gate has eight input possibilities, how many of those possibilities result in a HIGH output?
2) The output of a NOR gate is HIGH if _
a) all inputs are HIGH.
b) any input is HIGH.
c) any input is LOW.
d) all inputs are LOW.
3) What does the small bubble on the output of the NAND gate logic symbol mean?
a) open collector output.
c) the output is inverted.
d) none of the above.
4) The Boolean expression for a 3-input AND gate is _
a) X = AB
b) X = ABC
c) X = A + B + C
d) X = AB + C
5) The XOR (exclusive – OR) gate acts in the same way as the logical _
6) The output of a NOT gate is HIGH when _
a) the input is LOW.
b) the input is HIGH.
c) power is applied to the gate’s IC.
d) power is removed from the gate’s IC.
7) Which of the following gates has the exact inverse output of the OR gate for all possible input combinations?
8) What is the Boolean expression for a three – input AND gate?
a) X =A+B+C
b) X = A. B. C
9) Logically, the output of a NOR gate would have the same Boolean expression as a(n) _
a) NAND gate immediately followed by an inverter.
b) OR gate immediately followed by an inverter.
c) AND gate immediately followed by an inverter.
d) NOR gate immediately followed by an inverter.
10) The output of an exclusive- OR gate is HIGH if _
a) all inputs are LOW.
b) all inputs are HIGH.
c) the inputs are unequal.
d) none of the above