1) If you want to connect to your own computer through the Internet from another…
WORLD WIDE WEB OBJECTIVE QUESTIONS
1) The difference between people with access to computers and the internet and those without this access is known as the:
a) digital divide.
b) internet divide.
c) web divide.
d) broadband divide.
2) A Web site’s main page is called its _
a) Home Page.
b) Browser Page.
c) Search Page.
3) The Internet Control Message Protocol (ICMP) _
a) allows gateways to send error a control message to other gateways or host.
b) provides communication between the internet protocol software on one machine.
c) provides communication between the internet protocol software on another software.
d) reports error conditions to the original source, the source must relate errors to individual application programs and take action to correct the problem.
4) Which of the following statement is incorrect?
a) If a host move from one network to another, its IP address must change.
b) Routing uses the network portion of the address, the path taken by the packets travel to a host with multiple IP address depends on the address used.
c) IP addresses encode both a network and host on that network, they do not specify individual machine, but a connections to a network.
d) All of the above.
5) The process of transferring files from a computer on the Internet to your computer is called _
6) The _ enables you to simultaneously keep multiple Web pages open in one browser window.
a) tab box.
b) pop-up helper.
c) tab row.
d) address bar.
7) To reload a Web page, press the _ button.
8) A Web _ consists of one or more Web pages located on a Web server.
9) A medium of transferring data between two locations is called _
b) Communication channel.
10) Which of the following isa communication network that is devoted to carrying computer information?
a) Data point.
b) Data module.
c) Data network.
d) Data pack.