1) _ is the science that attempts to produce machines that display the same type of intelligence that human do.
d) Artificial Intelligence.
2) The components that process data are located in the _
a) input devices.
b) output devices.
c) system unit.
d) storage component.
3) Smaller and less expensive PC – based servers are replacing _ in many businesses.
a) super computers.
4) _ are specially designed computers that perform complex calculations extremely rapidly.
b) Super computers.
5) Which of the following is the correct order of the four major functions of a computer?
a) Process – Output – Input – Storage.
b) Input – Output – Process – Storage.
c) Process – Storage – Input – Output.
d) Input – Process – Output – Storage.
6) A _ computer (also referred to as a laptop), is a small, lightweight personal computer that incorporates the screen, the keyboard, storage, and processing components into a single portable unit.
7) A _ is a device that not only provides surge protection, but also furnishes your computer with battery backup power during a power outage.
a) surge strip.
d) battery strip.
8) The term _ designates equipment that might be added to a computer system to enhance its functionality.
a) digital device.
b) system add-on.
c) disk pack.
d) peripheral device.
9) A _ computer is a large and expensive computer capable of simultaneously processing data for hundreds or thousands of users.
10) Computer systems comprise _
a) hardware, programs, information, people and networks.
b) hardware, software, procedures, networks and people.
c) hardware, programs, information, people and procedures.
d) hardware, programs, processors, procedures, networks and people.